Current research interests:
•Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of New Chemical Entities (NCE) in laboratory animals.
•Development and standardization of new animal models for various human diseases. e.g. Cancer Model, Diabetes Model, Arthritis Model, Anti-inflammatory Model etc.
and Preclinical Toxicity evaluation of synthetic and non-synthetic molecules in
laboratory animals as per various guidelines like FDA, OECD, ICH, Schedule ‘Y’
and GLP principles.
Highlights of achievements:
•Established pathology laboratory at Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center, Hyderabad
skillful and productive management Central Laboratory Animal House Facility of
CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad as per national & international guidelines like
CPCSEA, AAALAC, FELASA etc. Scientists and Researchers of IICT has been
published many research papers and patents by use of this Central Laboratory
Animal House Facility.
Total Scientific Publications: 37
Ten best publications:
1. Priyanka Singh, Ramesha H. Jayaramaiah, Sachin B. Agawane,Garikapati Vannuruswamy, Arvind M. Korwar, Atul Anand, Vitthal S. Dhaygude, Mahemud L. Shaikh, Rakesh S. Joshi, Ramanamurthy Boppana, Mahesh J. Kulkarni, Hirekodathakallu V. Thulasiram and Ashok P. Giri, Potential Dual Role of Eugenol in Inhibiting Advanced Glycation End Products in Diabetes: Proteomic and Mechanistic Insights, Scientific Reports (2016), 6:18798
2. Subrata Kumar Pore, Ashwani Choudhary, Bhowmira Rathore, Anirban Ganguly ,Pombala Sujitha, C. Ganesh Kumar, Sachin Bharat Agawane, Jerald Mahesh Kumar,Vinod Scaria, Beena Pillai, Rajkumar Banerjee, Hsp90-targeted miRNA-liposomal formulation for systemic antitumor effect, Biomaterials, (2013), 34, 6804-6817.
3. Ramishetti Srinivas, Arup Garu, Gopikrishna Moku, Sachin B. Agawane, Arabinda Chaudhuri, A long-lasting dendritic cell DNA vaccination system using lysinylated amphiphiles with mannose-mimicking head-groups, Biomaterials, Volume 33, Issue 26, September 2012, Pg. 6220–6229.
4. Tarak Nath Khatua, Raju Padiya, Santosh Karnewar, Madhusudana Kuncha, Sachin B. Agawane, Srigiridhar Kotamraju, Sanjay Kumar Banerjee, Garlic provides protection to mice heart against isoproterenol-induced oxidative damage: Role of nitric oxide, (2012), 27 (1) Pg. 9–17.
5. Sristicheta Misra, Krishna Bihari Pandeya, Ashok Kumar Tiwari, Amtul Zehra Ali, Thimmapatruni Saradamani, Sachin Bharat Agawane, Kuncha Madhusudana, Antihyperglycemic, a-glucosidase inhibitory activities of some oxovanadium (IV) complexes: Examples of low IC50 values, International Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism (2012), 4 (1), pp. 11-18.
6. R. Nageswara Rao, Ganga Naidu, K. Guruprasad, P. Raju and Sachin B. Agawane, Determination of gemifloxacin on dried blood spots by hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography with fluorescene detector: application to pharmacokinetics in rats, Biomedical Chromatography (2012), 26 (12), 1534-1542.
7. P. V. Prabhakar, Utkarsh A. Reddy, S. P. Singh, A. Balasubramanyam, M. F. Rahman, S. Indu Kumari, Sachin B. Agawane, U. S. N. Murty, Paramjit Grover and Mohammed Mahboob, Oxidative stress induced by aluminum oxide nanomaterials after acute oral treatment in Wistar rats, Journal of Applied Toxicology ( 2012) 32: 436–445.
8. Ashok K. Tiwari, K. Srikanth Reddy, Janani Radhakrishnan, D. Anand Kumar, Amtul Zehra, Sachin B. Agawane and K. Madhusudana, Influence of antioxidant rich fresh vegetable juices on starch induced postprandial hyperglycemia in rats, Food & Function (2011), 2, Pg.521-28.
9. R. Ranga Rao, A.K. Tiwari, P. Prabhakar Reddy, K. Suresh Babu, G. Suresh, A. Z. Ali, K. Madhusudana, Sachin B. Agawane, Preethi B., G. Narahari Sastry, J. M. Rao, Synthesis of antihyperglycemic, a-glucosidase inhibitory and DPPH free radical scavenging furanochalcones, 2011, Medicinal Chemistry Research, 10.1007/s00044-011-9583-7
10. Sristicheta Misra, Krishna Bihari Pandeya, Ashok Kumar Tiwari, Amtul Zehra Ali, Thimmapatruni Saradamani, Sachin
Bharat Agawane, Kuncha Madhusudana, Antihyperglycemic, a-glucosidase inhibitory and DPPH free radical
scavenging activity of 5-bromosalicylaldehyde and Schiff bases, Medicinal Chemistry Research (2011),20(9),1431- 37.