We are working on the development of new synthetic methodologies and asymmetric catalysis with particular emphasis on ‘Organocatalysis’ for the synthesis of enantioenriched compounds of biological and medicinal importance.
- July 2014 - present: Scientist, Organic Chemistry Division, CSIR-NCL, Pune.
- January 2011 - May 2014: Post-doctoral fellow, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan, Advisor: Prof. Wenwei Lin.
- November 2009 – October 2010: Post-doctoral fellow, Université de Bourgogne, France, Advisor: Prof. Sylvain Jugé.
- 2009: Ph. D., School of Chemistry, University of Hyderabad, Advisor: Prof. D. Basavaiah.
- “Chemoselective Intramolecular Wittig Reaction for the Synthesis of Functionalized Heterocycles” Utpal Das, Yi-Ling Tsai and Wenwei Lin (a perspective review article: Org. Biomol. Chem, 2014, 12, 4044-4050).
- “Enantioselective Synthesis of Coumarin Derivatives Catalyzed by Primary Amine” Yen-Te Lee, Utpal Das, Yi-Ru Chen, Chia-Jui Lee, Chi-Han Chen, Mei-Chun Yang, and Wenwei Lin (Adv. Synth. Catal, 2013; 355, 3154-3160).
- “Organocatalytic Enantioselective Direct Vinylogous Michael Addition of γ-Substituted Butenolides to 3-Aroyl Acrylates and 1,2-Diaroylethylenes” Utpal Das, Yi-Ru Chen, Yi-Ling Tsai, and Wenwei Lin (Chem. Eur. J., 2013, 19, 7713-7717).
- “An efficient organocatalytic enantioselective synthesis of spironitrocyclopropanes” Utpal Das,Yi-Ling Tsai and Wenwei Lin (Org. Biomol. Chem., 2013, 11, 44–47, Selected as an Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry HOT Article).
- “Enantioselective synthesis of substituted pyrans via amine-catalyzed Michael addition and subsequent enolization/cyclisation” Utpal Das, Chan-Hui Huang and Wenwei Lin (Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 5590–5592).
Asymmetric Organocatalysis, Multicomponent Reactions, New Synthetic Methodologies
Current available position: Two PhD positions is available in our group
Dr. Utpal Das
Scientist, Organic Chemistry Division
CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune - 411008, India
Phone: +91 20 2590 2303
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com