Nanomaterials & Nanoelectronics Research Group
Our group at CSIR-NCL are interested in synthesis of various 1D nanowires / nanotubes & 2D (Nanosheets, thin films) nanomaterials for various applications such as Sensors (Chemical, Gas, Bimolecules, Humidity etc.) , Supercapacitors, Light Emitting diodes (LED), Photodetectors, Nano-Switch, Nonvolatile Memory devices, Li-ion Batteries, Catalyst for water splitting application, Field Emission, Transistor etc.
1D Materials: Oxides & inorganic material based Nanowires, Nanorods, Carbon nanotubes etc.
2D Materials: Atomically thin Nanosheets of Graphene, Nano-composite Materials etc.
1) Nikon Optical Microscope: To observe atomically thin Nanosheets of Graphene (Single-layer graphene Thickness 0.34 nm), MoS2 (Single-layer MoS2 thickness 0.65 nm) etc.
2) Hydrothermal Synthesis of 1D & 2D nanomaterials: Nanowires , Nanotubes, nanoflowers, nanosheets.
3) High Temperature furnace: (500-1000 degree).
4) Electrical Characterization: (Two probe & four probe measurements).
5) Gas sensor set-up:
6) Chemical vapor depsoition set-up
7) Photolithography & E-beam lithography (In collaboration with IIT & IISc).
8) Central Facility: X-RD, SEM, TEM, Raman, UV, PL, NMR, etc.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com