Library and Information Centre was renamed in 2008 by CSIR,
NCL library- KRC has computerized all its housekeeping activities and are being maintained and updated regularly. Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is available for searching.
This is an internal link only works inside NCL netwrok
Library has a rich collection of books, journals and non-book materials that includes:
- 1,38 ,450 books and bound volumes of periodicals.
- 250 current subscriptions to Journals.
- Chemical Abstracts, since its inception (1907). Chemical Abstracts on CD w.e.f. year 2000
- Fully computerized Library, using LIBSYS software for library operations
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) available for document search.
- Document Delivery Services
- Electronic access to periodicals- NCL subscribed 55, CSIR consortium 3300+
- RFID system installed & successfully functioning for issuing & security of documents
Electronic resources are available on the desktop of the scientist. These include databases like Chemical Abstracts, Web of Science, Springer, RSC E books and a large number of electronic journals from leading publishers like American Chemical Society, Royal Society of Chemistry, Elsevier Science Publishers and Wiley Interscience. Journals of general interest like Nature and Science are also available online. The E journals are available under NCL subscriptions and CSIR consortium project. All the E resources are available to NCL members on intranet/LAN.
NCL staff needs to register with library-KRC to become a member by producing NCL ID card. The services include access to the library collection, photocopy procurement of articles, patents, translations and online searches. For Faculty Members, Research Students of Colleges and Universities and Industrial researchers library membership is available. Print collection is made availbale for reference.
Working days ONLY
9.00 am – 05.30 pm
9.30am - 05.00pm on For non-NCL members
Terms & Conditions for Non NCL members:
· Membership form is necessary to be filled in with proper and correct details to avail library membership.
· ONLY postgraduate students are allowed to refer library.
· Corporate membership is for industries and private consultants.
· Faculty members, Research scholars, Retired teachers can avail personal membership.
· The Library membership cards are non-transferable and entry will be to the valid card holders only.
· The membership cards are only for referring the library (printed documents). Issuing facility and access to e resources is not available.
· Valid ID card of the parent institute / industry is must along with NCL Library membership card for entry into the NCL Library.
· Personal documents are not allowed to refer in the library.
· Library reserves the right to terminate the membership with immediate effect, on failure to observe the library rules.
Ms. M.P.Chirmule: email@example.com